What is Software-defined Storage?
Storage for Digital Business and the Cloud
Hardware-centric storage systems, such as dedicated appliances and NAS, have hit a wall. They can’t cope with the massive data volumes, need for elastic scalability, and dynamic workloads of Digital Business, Big Data, and the cloud.
NAS ARCHIVING. SOLVED.
Archiving and Backups
World-Leading Software-defined Storage Platform
Scality RING software-defined storage delivers the enormous scalability other architectures can’t.
Delivering the key advantages of cloud-hosted storage—and then some—right in your datacenter:
- Virtually unlimited scalability. Not just into multiple petabytes, but all the way to zetabytes.
- Guaranteed 100% uptime. No downtime ever, thanks to our unique approach to software-defined—including a “shared nothing” architecture with no single point of failure, automated self-healing, and erasure coding.
- On-demand scaling of capacity and performance. When you need to grow, just add more industry-standard x86 hardware—the latest, fastest, densest models of your choice. The RING handles the rest, automatically rebalancing data and scaling performance to match. No matter how many petabytes you scale to.
- A unified platform for all data types. RESTful and S3 interfaces support object data. Native NFS and SMB do the same for file-based data. Full LDAP encryption and Active Directory integration are included for secure access.
- Spectacular savings. When affordable x86 servers replace proprietary NAS appliances, the results are predictable: up to an 80% reduction in storage costs.
SAVE MILLIONS ON STORAGE COSTS!
Switch to Scality and Save. Find out how using our TCO Storage Calculator
How is such significant savings possible?
Scality allows you to use ANY x86-based hardware. Which means you can select the most optimal hardware to fit your application needs today and tomorrow, all in one system. And unlike the competition, you can continue to scale without the need to migrate to a different system. We also don’t penalize you for long-term support and maintenance. The combination provides you with lower and more predictable TCO over time.
LOVE YOUR NAS
SET IT FREE
GET THE WHITEPAPER
Who Uses Software-defined Storage?
The Scality RING is ideal for enterprise-wide storage—on its own, or combined with public cloud storage services to create a hybrid cloud. The Scality RING is the best way to deliver what cloud storage customers want: unlimited on-demand scalability combined with unprecedented availability and data durability.
MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
CLOUD SERVICE PROVIDERS