What is Multi Cloud?
Multi-Cloud is one of today’s biggest buzzwords. Multi-Cloud is also a fairly general term being used by many people for many purposes and as such is causing confusion and disagreement about its meaning.
Features of Multi-Cloud Data Control
Features of a multi-cloud data control platform
- Support for multiple cloud storage services independent of the APIs and interfaces used to access these services. In other words, an abstraction layer between data and the proprietary APIs used to place that data in any given cloud storage service.
- Ability to translate data into the native format of any given cloud storage service so that the data remains open and accessible to any system and not just the system that placed the data.
- Search and metadata search capabilities to find data regardless of location.
- An extensible data workflow engine that supports full Data Lifecycle Management capabilities.
- Highly available and scalable architecture to support on-premise and cloud-based applications that themselves are highly available and scalable.
Benefits of Multi-Cloud Data Control
Having the freedom and control over data placement, movement, and search
- Ability to select the appropriate data storage location – public or private cloud – based on business needs or required technical features
- Higher level of data availability and durability given data can be replicated across multiple, fully autonomous clouds
- Cost efficiencies due to increased competition between cloud storage providers combined with ability to instantly take advantage of new pricing for any given storage offering
ABSOLUTE FREEDOM MEANS INTEROPERABILITY ACROSS MULTIPLE CLOUDS, CONTROL OF DATA AND OPEN SOURCE
ZENKO extends data management to and across multiple clouds, public and private, making it easier to manage data no matter where it is