Follow us on social media and never miss an update
Industry recognition — including a spot in the inaugural French Tech 120 — and customer successes increase strength in existing and new markets fueling growth beyond 45%
San Francisco, CA – January, 22, 2020 – Scality, leader in software solutions for global data today announced that 2019 brought the company record growth from both customer expansions and “new logo” customers that selected Scality RING Software-Defined Storage for its proven track record of keeping data intact and always available by offering the highest levels of durability for their customers’ exabytes of data.
In 2019, as the company celebrated its 10th birthday, Scality expanded its install base with more than 50 new enterprise customers from around the world, across a broad range of industries and use-cases. Existing customers, the largest of which stores more than one hundred petabytes of data on Scality RING, grew their storage footprints as well, adding new use cases and workloads and accommodating data growth on existing workloads.
“Now in our 11th year, we’re really proud to be able to say that eight of our ten first customer deployments are still in production and continue to invest in the Scality platform,” said Jerome Lecat, Scality’s CEO and one of the company’s founders. “Based on the technology’s impressive longevity and customer loyalty—not just maintaining, but expanding—it’s clear that Scality RING is a storage solution for the long-term; on a trajectory to average at least a 20-year lifespan after deployment. That’s a solid investment.”
As we roll into 2020, Scality has:
- Achieved 100% growth in 2019 in healthcare and biopharmaceutical customers who trust their precious patient health and research data to Scality.
- Four of the world’s largest national libraries using Scality RING to preserve their collections. Governments in every corner of the world trust Scality RING for law enforcement, transportation, space exploration, defense, research, energy agency, federal banking, patent records, deeds and other legal documents, satellite and surveillance data, and more.
- More than 1/3 of the world’s top service providers basing their customer-facing cloud services, and ultimately, building their businesses, on Scality RING.
- Twelve of the world’s largest financial services companies employing Scality RING for use cases ranging from backup to big data archive, digital content repositories and more.
- Launched the latest generation of our flagship product, RING8. RING8 embodies robust enterprise file and object storage, and enables Hybrid Cloud data management solutions through eXtended Data Management (XDM) supporting AWS, Azure, Google, Wasabi as well as 3rd party on-premises storage (NAS and Object).
- Proven compatibility with 85 independent software solutions across 75 partner companies, supporting large deployments of Splunk, Ctera, Rubrik, Veeam, Commvault and all of the leading healthcare PACs solutions.
- Continuing partner-centricity as Scality continues to focus its attention on our strong partnerships and channels for growth, with 2019 having brought the biggest sales year to date with partner, HPE, and a strengthening of our channel presence with the addition of two field-based channel directors.
- Achieved leadership in hybrid cloud, as the base for hybrid cloud deployments for enterprises around the world, including disaster recovery use cases with public clouds, Azure and AWS, and the new Azure Blob server, developed in conjunction with the Azure team, that enables Azure stack Hub and Edge solutions.
- Continued to prove our leadership, as is evidenced by the company and product positions in the major analyst publications, including leadership in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Distributed File and Object Storage for the fourth consecutive year and leadership in the 5th consecutive IDC Marketscape: Worldwide Object-Based Storage, along with a host of awards and accolades including NAB’s Product of the Year.