The Scality RING is software that turns any standard x86 servers into web-scale storage.
The Scality RING stores data without limits with incredible efficiency and 100% reliability, guaranteed—all while reducing costs by as much as 90% over legacy systems.
Scality RING Highlights
- Shared-nothing, distributed architecture
– No single point of failure
- Scale-out file systems
- Peer-to-peer routing and object storage core
- Policy-based data protection and self-healing
- Native multi-site geo-distribution
- State of the art AWS S3-compatible API
Scality met our TCO requirements, and allowed us to greatly reduce our cost of cloud storage. In terms of performance requirements... Scality definitely delivered so we’re very satisfied.
We have millions of customers on Scality RING. The biggest benefit that I see is actually decreasing the amount of raw storage you need.
We chose Scality RING because it exemplifies the modern solution: hardware-agnostic, incredibly reliable, and easy to scale massively.
Scale-out File and Object Storage
- AWS S3-compatible REST API with support for Microsoft Active Directory, AWS IAM, AWS Signature v2 and v4
- Scality HTTP REST API
- Scale-out NFS v3 with support for Kerberos Authentication, quotas.
- Scale-out SMB 2.0, 3.0
- Linux FUSE plus data compatibility with REST
- S3/NFS portability
- Scalable peer-to-peer RING architecture, with a native object storage core
- Integrated Scale-out File-System (SOFS) with POSIX semantics
Secure and Protected
- Scality Erasure Coding and variable replication Class-of-Service to protect against multiple, simultaneous disk and server failures
- Native multi-site synchronous or asynchronous protection
- Distributed self-healing processes to resolve disk and server failures with continuous availability
- Data integrity assurance through integral CRC checksums on stored objects
Scality Fast Track
Fast Track is designed to get you on the road quickly with validated hardware Reference Designs. Fast Track increases speed of implementation, provides best practices, helps improve ongoing operations, offers predictable sizing, and ensures fast and predictable upgrades.