Microsoft Azure is an ever-expanding set of cloud services to help your organization meet your business challenges.
Scality and Azure
Powering hybrid cloud.
Scality complements Azure cloud services and enables a new generation of hybrid cloud data management solutions:
- BlobServer for scale-out storage to extend Azure edge solutions
- RING XDM and Zenko for hybrid cloud data use cases
- Zenko Connect for Amazon S3 to Azure Blob API translation
- Linear Scaling Performance for read and write intensive file workloads
for scale-out storage to extend Azure edge solutions
Azure Stack Hub and Azure Stack Edge are on-premises extensions of Azure that allow enterprises to consistently build and run hybrid applications across cloud boundaries.
When these applications require petabyte-scale storage, especially in a disconnected or air gapped deployment, Scality BlobServer allows customers to augment Azure’s edge solutions with on-premises, scale-out storage and data orchestration capabilities.
Scality XDM and Zenko
for hybrid cloud data management
As Scality’s customers incorporate more and more public cloud services into their IT operations, they are implementing hybrid cloud data management use cases including:
- Archiving: transitioning on-premises data to cheap cloud storage for long-term archive and data retention.
- Disaster Recovery: maintaining a copy of on-premises data in the cloud for business continuity.
- Service Bursting: replicating a subset of on-premises data to the cloud to leverage any number of value added cloud services from compute or IaaS to artificial intelligence or machine learning services.
SCALE-OUT FILE SYSTEM (SOFS) RUNNING IN AZURE
LINEAR SCALING PERFORMANCE FOR READ- AND WRITE-INTENSIVE FILE WORKLOADS
Scality SOFS running in Azure provides a completely stateless, POSIX-compatible interface supporting SMB 3.0 as well as NFS v3 and v4.1. The solution is hosted in a customer’s Azure subscription and connects to the customer’s Azure Blob storage accounts. Any number of virtual machines can be spun up on-demand to linearly scale performance, and SOFS tiers data across Azure Blob to optimize performance and costs.
FOR AMAZON S3 TO AZURE BLOB API TRANSLATION
As a subset of Scality Zenko, Zenko Connect provides a stepping stone into a multi-cloud world by enabling you to immediately consume Azure Blob Storage with your proven Amazon S3 applications without any application modifications.
Zenko Connect runs as a stateless container within your Azure subscription, providing scale-out performance and advanced security innovations as data never leaves your control. Zenko Connect stores data in Azure native format so you can access your data with any Azure cloud service such as Azure Machine Learning, Microsoft Power BI toolsets, Video Indexer, and more.
This deployment model and the architecture drive a number of key benefits:
- Fast and easy deployment through a few clicks in the Marketplace
- Amazon S3 API compatible for Bucket, Objects and Multi-Part Upload operations
- Stateless architecture enables scale-out performance, load balancing and failover
- Data stored in Azure Blob Storage is in native Container and Blob format, so it can be accessed directly from other Azure applications and services.
How we built a hyperscale cloud file system on Azure
Could Scality make a file system run on Azure cloud object storage? Find out here
1 Terabit Per Second Performance for Scale-Out File System in Microsoft Azure Public Cloud
Delivers up to 10X savings for Azure Customers
Scality and Microsoft Azure Powering Hybrid Cloud and Edge Solutions
The digital economy, IoT, and edge services are driving an explosion of data. Because this data needs to be maintained and processed at various locations ranging from edge to core, data mobility and scalable storage are critical in hybrid cloud and edge architectures.
Scality RING Powers Hybrid Cloud Data Management
The Combination of on-premises storage and the public cloud enables hybrid cloud use cases that are changing the way enterprise IT leaders think about data management and data protection.
Get our Solution Sheet here
ZENKO MULTI-CLOUD CONTROLLER DATA SHEET
Scality Zenko is a Multi-Cloud Data Controller that allows you to avoid vendor lock-in, reduce cloud storage costs and access best of breed cloud services from any public cloud provider.