Microsoft Azure is an ever-expanding set of cloud services to help your organization meet your business challenges.
Scality and Azure
Powering hybrid cloud.
Scality complements Azure cloud services and enables a new generation of hybrid cloud data management solutions:
- RING XDM and Zenko for hybrid cloud data use cases
- Zenko Connect for Amazon S3 to Azure Blob API translation
- Archiving: transitioning on-premises data to cheap cloud storage for long-term archive and data retention.
- Disaster Recovery: maintaining a copy of on-premises data in the cloud for business continuity.
- Service Bursting: replicating a subset of on-premises data to the cloud to leverage any number of value added cloud services from compute or IaaS to artificial intelligence or machine learning services.
FROM ZENKO BLOG
THIS IS HOW TO AVOID BAD MISTAKES USING AZURE AND AMAZON STORAGE API
It’s easy to make mistakes when developing multi-cloud applications, even when only dealing with object storage API.
Wally MacDermid on Scality Connect for S3 Apps on Azure
Zenko Connect for Azure Blob Storage: Quick Start
ZENKO CONNECT FOR AMAZON S3 TO AZURE BLOB API TRANSLATION
As a subset of Scality Zenko, Zenko Connect provides a stepping stone into a multi-cloud world by enabling you to immediately consume Azure Blob Storage with your proven Amazon S3 applications without any application modifications.
Zenko Connect runs as a stateless container within your Azure subscription, providing scale-out performance and advanced security innovations as data never leaves your control. Zenko Connect stores data in Azure native format so you can access your data with any Azure cloud service such as Azure Machine Learning, Microsoft Power BI toolsets, Video Indexer, and more.
This deployment model and the architecture drive a number of key benefits:
- Fast and easy deployment through a few clicks in the Marketplace
- Amazon S3 API compatible for Bucket, Objects and Multi-Part Upload operations
- Stateless architecture enables scale-out performance, load balancing and failover
- Data stored in Azure Blob Storage is in native Container and Blob format, so it can be accessed directly from other Azure applications and services.
Scality RING Powers Hybrid Cloud Data Management
The Combination of on-premises storage and the public cloud enables hybrid cloud use cases that are changing the way enterprise IT leaders think about data management and data protection.
Get our Solution Sheet here
ZENKO MULTI-CLOUD CONTROLLER DATA SHEET
Scality Zenko is a Multi-Cloud Data Controller that allows you to avoid vendor lock-in, reduce cloud storage costs and access best of breed cloud services from any public cloud provider.