Follow us on social media and never miss an update
Enterprises continue to break data silos with RING for petabyte-scale workloads
Scality announced today that for the fifth consecutive year it has been recognized by Gartner, Inc. as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage1.
Through its unique integrated scale-out file and object storage, Scality RING increases agility and reduces risk for customers by allowing them to manage a mix of legacy and new cloud-native applications on a single platform with unbounded growth.
“We believe that Scality’s five-time Leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage is exactly how our customers see us,” said Jerome Lecat, Scality’s CEO. “IT leaders we’ve talked to value RING for its stability, scalability, flexibility, performance and quality of support. Our native support for file and object brings tremendous savings to organizations that want to break data silos. We continue to innovate to bring even more value to our customers, with new capabilities such as RING Scale-Out File System (SOFS) and object storage support of all-flash servers, and a 1 Tbps throughput achievement of SOFS in Azure cloud “
Scality customers leverage key capabilities in the RING including:
- Scale-out capacity and performance to eliminate data silos
- Geographically distributed storage to ensure data-availability
- Hardware independence to gain freedom of choice in deployment and avoid lock-in
Customers expect ongoing innovation to simplify the challenges of storing, protecting and managing vast amounts of data in a hybrid and multi-cloud world. Scality’s major product initiatives over the past year include:
- Introduction of Scality NAS Archiver, a one-stop solution for NAS data assessment, offload and archiving to Scality RING to uncover and capitalize on new economies for data centers
- Introduction of all-flash solutions for high-performance applications in backup, medical imaging, content delivery, AI/ML and more
- Securing data against ransomware with S3 Object Lock support as demonstrated by Veeam Ready Object with Immutability qualification
- Enabling hybrid-cloud solutions for business continuity and resilience (cloud DR)
- Deep integration with AWS S3 and Azure Blob cloud storage
- High-speed and distributed data management for big data analytics applications, including Weka, Splunk, Cloudera, Apache SPARK, Vertica, Elastic and more
Based on customer feedback, Scality’s consecutive five-time placement in the Leaders quadrant validates that the RING’s superior capabilities in real-world deployments bring direct value to IT professionals.
Scality customers have provided extensive real-world feedback on Gartner Peer Insights, documenting their personal experience with RING across numerous industries and use cases.
1.Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage” by Julia Palmer, Jerry Rozeman, Robert Preston, Chandra Mukhyala, Jeff Vogel. Document ID: G00463710, October 15, 2020.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.