San Francisco, CA – August 26, 2020 – Scality today announced record earnings for the first half of 2020 with 62% year-over-year growth in revenue. Scality’s extensive blue-chip customer base now includes six of the top banks and seven of the top telecom operators in the world. To continue growth into the second half of 2020, Scality is ramping up partnerships with Veeam®, the leader in backup solutions that deliver Cloud Data Management™, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) to support the largest storage deployments globally.
Veeam Ready Object with Immutability
Backup data has become a prime target of ransomware malware, so ultra-resilient backup storage is imperative. Scality RING8 now offers enhanced ransomware protection with support for S3 Object Lock API, which was designed to render data immutable by preventing it from being deleted or overwritten for a period of time (or indefinitely). Qualified as Veeam Ready Object with Immutability, Scality RING8 provides for air-gapped, tamper-proof backup data that stays immune to ransomware, thereby offering a swift recovery path in case of an attack.
Scality’s qualification with Veeam Backup & Replication™ v10 means more protection for joint customers across all mission-critical industries, including fintech, healthcare and key government agencies. Scality and Veeam joint customers include Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Opus Interactive and Skillsoft.
SCALITY RING SALES GREW THROUGH HPE BY 93% IN H1 2020
As the only object storage solution in the HPE portfolio, Scality RING on HPE Apollo 4000 Systems provides customers the simplicity and agility of cloud with the cost benefits of density-optimized platforms designed for data storage-centric workloads.
Scality RING on HPE Apollo 4000 Systems has been extensively tested under real-world file and object workloads and demonstrates linear scaling with multi-gigabit per second read-and-write throughput.
Scality’s partnership focus has led to the following big wins in the first half of 2020:
- Sales through HPE grew 93% YoY
- RING8 is now the leading HPE GreenLake-ready object and file storage offering
- Organizations in several industry verticals—including service providers, telecommunications and public sectors—are benefiting from the HPE GreenLake for Scality as-a-service model.
- One of the world’s top banks chose the Scality HPE solution to power a multi-petabyte Splunk data analytics environment
Scality company growth in the first half of 2020:
- 62% YoY revenue growth and 82% growth in billings
- Blue-chip customers grew to 6 of the world’s top banks, 7 of the top telecom operators and over 40 healthcare providers across the globe
- Multi-petabyte deployments in cloud, finance and government sectors
- Leading object storage market share in Japan with 35% of revenue in 2019
Scality® storage propels companies to unify data management no matter where data lives — from edge to core to cloud. Our market-leading file and object storage software protects data on-premises and in hybrid and multi-cloud environments. With RING and ARTESCA, Scality’s approach to managing data across the enterprise accelerates business insight for sound decision-making and maximum return on investment. To compete in a data-driven economy, IT leaders and application developers trust Scality to build sustainable, adaptable solutions. Scality is recognized as a leader by Gartner and IDC. Follow us @scality and LinkedIn. Visit www.scality.com, or subscribe to our company blog.