Title: Customer Solution Engineer
Based: Paris IXème or Tokyo.
The Customer Solutions Engineer (CSE) will be responsible for the Design, Build and Support of our product or third party components for our customers.
As such, the CSE will assist our sales team throughout the customer selection process: participate in the design of solutions, run technology showcases or proof of concepts at customer sites and, where appropriate, provide consulting.
As part of the Services team, the CSE will also provide integration, consulting, training, support and post-sales professional services to our growing list of industry clients.
As secondary objectives, the CSE will interact with the product organization to discuss new features required by customers.
This is a senior level (5 yrs+ experience) position that will require travel up to 30% of the time; remuneration will be based on experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
- Technical skills:
* Significant understanding of Linux Operating System architecture (minimum of 5 years of experience operating Linux platforms)
* In depth hands on UNIX/Linux system administration skills and experience in managing large scale distributed environments (minimum of 5 years)
* Significant understanding of hardware, specially x86 platforms, including RAID architecture and file systems.
* Experience on storage environement (NAS, SAN, RAID, distributed filesystem, object storage, Restful API, Amazon S3)
* Solid networking knowledge: low level networking concepts, bridging, bonding, vlan, TCP/IP
* Knowledge of High Availibility environement (distributed system, load balancing, cloud platforms)
* Knowledge with Web Servers, Backups, Email, Package Management, Monitoring in a large scale production environment
* Scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell), Development skills in C/Java is definitely a plus
- Interpersonal skills:
* Ability to create high-quality technical and business documentation, including complex responses to RFP/RFQ/RFI’s, deliver Statement of Work.
* Ability to present complex solutions in a business-oriented approach
* Ability to understand and report customer needs
* Positive relationship skills, both towards internal customers (sales) and external customers (service providers)
* Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
* Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to work with minimum supervision
* Be part of a startup empowered to deliver world class customer service and expertise
Scality is seeking a qualified candidate to join its US operation. Scality is a VC-backed company, delivering RING Organic Storage, the ultimate solution for the storage of unstructured data at petabyte scale with zero downtime and no data migration.
Scality is trusted by some of the largest Service Providers in the world deploying Storage-as-a-Service offerings, Email Services storing emails for millions of users, and web services managing billions of files with very high performance expectations for either Web 2.0 or business applications.
The organic design creates a scale-out system with distributed intelligence, which has no single point of failure and is resilient and self-healing. Customers achieve high availability, ease of operations and total control of their data at a fraction of the cost of traditional storage. Built with patented technology, Scality RING easily scales to exabytes using x86 commodity server hardware with direct attached storage.
Typically used for private clouds (especially backup, video and file sharing, media archive, healthcare, universities, genomics and geophysics), for public clouds (StaaS), for SaaS applications (webmail) and for Web 2.0 services, Scality RING is the first object-based storage technology to deliver the performance required for primary application storage.
Why work for Scality?
Scality offers a dynamic and flexible international work environment with offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, New York City and Paris. Scality remains a cut above the rest with experienced, hard-working, and friendly people that exceed Customer’s expectations every day.