PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A. is a company of the PKP Group and is the Polish railway infrastructure manager, responsible for maintenance of rail tracks, conducting the trains across country, scheduling train timetables and management of railway land.
- Scality RING – geo-redundant, 2-sites
- File & Object storage interfaces: SMB & NFS initially; but
interested in Object for future-proofing.
- 12 HPE Apollo 4200 storage servers with 1.73 PB RAW storage, 600 TB licensed
Polish Railways (Polskie Linie Kolejowe SA) collects information as trains with varying loads travel their system. They store that valuable data on Scality RING, using it to optimize routes for future freight transport.
Polish Railways sought a robust and highly-scalable storage solution to hold the massive amounts of data that they collect collect from 10,000 CCTV cameras as trains run on their 23,500km of track. The environmental data that they can collect helps them to optimize shipping as they develop an understanding of what freight can be shipped over a specific rail line. With this data on past shipments’ size, weight or other characteristics of the freight they can suggest optimal service and route for their customers.
Polish Railways had clear requirements – Scality shone:
- Scalability extension of the storage without need for modification of controllers, systems restarts or data migration – and with good performance
- Reliability No single point of failure with automatic failover and fallback possible
- Availability Data always available – even through loss of a node (or an entire site)
- Partnerships Scality’s strong relationship with HPE and with the strong local VAR, Megatel
Other Enterprise Customers