Simple, secure S3 object storage software for modern applications
Deploy fast, manage easily — on VMs or standard servers.
New workloads are changing demands on storage and automation: Speed, scale, portability and efficiency. Modern object storage strikes the right balance. Scality makes it ultra-simple and secure.
Lightweight and cloud-native in design, ARTESCA is intuitive, durable storage software that transforms how data is managed and accessed — without sacrificing resiliency or affordability.
Business application owners, DevOps and edge builders who need fast deployment and easy management choose ARTESCA thanks to its enterprise-class capabilities at super-low entry pricing.
Ideal for data on the edge, ARTESCA enables hassle-free, efficient growth from a single physical server or virtual machine all the way to petabyte capacity. Coupled with RING, it’s the world’s most advanced edge-to-core data solution.
Unbreakable cyber resiliency
- Amazon S3 object locking immutability with configurable data retention policies and compliance mode
- Veeam v 12 “Direct to object” backups and SOSAPI support, plus automated enforcement of validated IAM access control policies
Network and data resiliency
- Secure HTTPS/TLS S3 termination, plus AES 256-bit data encryption-at-rest
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) for secure UI logins, plus automated firewall rules on deployment
- Distributed erasure coding renders data indecipherable to low-level and data exfiltration attacks; metadata in secure repository on intrinsically immutable object storage layer
- 1 to 6 servers for growth to 5 PB with dual-level data protection
Geographic replication resiliency
- Async replication to separate security and management domain for “air-gapped” offsite storage
- Eliminates the “all data in one place” problem
Core architecture-level resiliency
- Integrated, security-hardened Linux operating system precludes root access, reduces exposure to CVEs to limit a wide range of attack threats
Scality ARTESCA is the only S3 object storage solution that offers:
Comprehensive support for AWS S3 API
High-performance enterprise object storage
Tens of GB/s throughput and ultra-low latency, plus extensive enterprise-class capabilities and all-flash option
Quick, anyone-can-do-it deployment + operation
Not a Linux specialist? No deep storage administration expertise? No problem!
Multi-level cyber resiliency for ransomware-proof data, trusted authentication, access control and encryption
Unbeatable data protection
Hassle-free, efficient growth
Validated by leading application providers
Seamless interoperability with Veeam, Zerto, Rubrik and many more
Unified management across local + public cloud storage
Super-low entrypoint pricing
Free 90-day trial of full feature set with unlimited capacity. Affordable 1, 3 and 5-year subscriptions
Evaluator Group Product Brief for Scality ARTESCA
Discover a unique evolution of object storage that meets the new demands of cloud-native applications.
“Scality ARTESCA represents an evolution for object storage that is meeting new and differing demands with Cloud Native Applications.”
Scality ARTESCA delivers easy-to-manage, unified access to data thanks to:
100% software deployed and orchestrated on integrated Kubernetes
Optimized S3 metadata database supports high-performance S3 on all-flash (NVMe, QLC) and hybrid flash/HDD servers
Dual-level erasure coding
Distributed + local erasure codes provide 12 to 14 nines data durability on high-density servers
via IAM access control, AES-256 encryption, plus S3 Object Locking and retention policies for data immutability
Turnkey installation on VMware vSphere/ESXi VMs or bare-metal servers
Integrated support for Prometheus and HTML5-based management portal
Integrated ARTESCA-to-ARTESCA and ARTESCA-to-RING data replication
with support for lifecycle management and replication to AWS S3, Azure Blob and Google Cloud Storage
Scality ARTESCA data sheet
Get an overview of ARTESCA, an ultra-simple and secure S3 object storage solution that delivers the speed and efficiency modern applications demand.
HPE Solutions for Scality ARTESCA
Learn how HPE and Scality unify access to data everywhere, delivering core-to-edge flexibility and performance for the most demanding data-intensive workloads.