Long-term data retention in the Digital Age For several generations of storage professionals, tape backup has been the IT equivalent of Sisyphus forever pushing a huge boulder up a hill. It still is. Despite vendors’ best efforts to innovate, data quantities always seem to grow faster than tape capacity. This is truer than ever today. Digital Business is driving an exponential expansion of data volumes, to the point where the average backup hovers at around a petabyte. The trouble with tape backup. How about an alternate scenario: Eliminate tape drives and offsite rotation completely, and archive data on disk drives.
- Scality S3 Server Marks 100K Pulls on Docker Hub! February 9, 2017
- Scality is taking part in the Course du Coeur! January 30, 2017
- Scality Company Culture – Enabling Us to Do the Hard Things January 30, 2017
- Our New Year Predictions: What’s Impacting the Storage Industry in 2017 January 16, 2017
- Getting Backup Storage Back on Track January 12, 2017