Creating a company culture that is joyful, respectful of every individual, and impassioned about delivering exceptional results is an art, not a science. It takes constant learning and refinement. This is something Scality CEO Jerome Lecat knows to be true.
Jerome recently sat down with Barbara Shannon — executive coach, business consultant, and host of The Good Company podcast — for an eye-opening conversation about entrepreneurship and the art of management.
Listen to the podcast to hear about:
- Why freedom is the heart of Scality’s business (02:19)
- Why being altruistic is synonymous with being a good CEO (08:24)
- The important difference between making money and greed (11:01)
- The delicate subject of being totally transparent with your staff (12:36)
- Jerome’s personal passion for diversity (14:11)
- How Scality collects employee feedback every three weeks (25:02)
- What’s surprised Jerome the most about being a CEO (28:33)
“The only way you truly listen is if you’re ready to change your mind.”
Jerome Lecat, CEO, Scality
What is object storage?
About The Good Company Podcast
The Good Company Podcast is a deep dive exploration into the world of values-based, purpose driven business leaders and CEOs. Barbara Shannon and her CEO guests unpack the personal stories, passions, and challenges of running a business where purpose meets profit. Expect humor, sage advice, admissions of big screw ups and lessons learned from top leaders who are very Good Company.