Listen up, data engineers, data architects and machine learning professionals.
You’re well aware that data is being generated at unprecedented rates. To gain and maintain a competitive edge you must be able to quickly and efficiently unlock, analyze and utilize your data assets. Fortunately, innovations in storage technologies are making the ever-expanding data pool more easily accessible and manageable for users across industries.
In a recent episode of The Data Exchange podcast, Scality’s Field CTO Brad King sat down with well-known data scientist Ben Lorica to discuss important considerations and key aspects of storage systems within the context of current trends, including:
- The shift towards multi-cloud
- The growing importance of machine learning and AI
- The emergence of multi-modal AI models and the need for storage systems that can accommodate many different types of data (structured data alongside text, video, images, audio, and other unstructured data types)
- The excitement around all-flash object storage systems
- The importance of metadata and metadata management systems
- Dashboards and automation tools for IT and DataOps
If the success of your business relies on data, you won’t want to miss this conversation.
About The Data Exchange podcast
Hosted and organized by highly respected data scientist Ben Lorica, The Data Exchange is an independent podcast series focused on data, machine learning and AI. Podcast episodes cover topics ranging from next-generation software to machine learning benchmarks, computer vision, and much more. Data Exchange is a property of Gradient Flow, which has been named by Coursera as one of the top 10 sites for data scientists.