For a special version of Scality Conversations, broadcasting live from our booth, SL7920 on Scality TV: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/scality-tv, at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show, we’ll be talking about the massive shift to on-demand video. This change has a big effect on the market, as well as the technologies required.
Remember when we only had three TV channels to watch? For today’s generation, “Live TV” itselfwill soon be a memory. Already, American millennials consume more than 50% of their videoOnDemand. In some countries, that number is far greater. That has huge implications in media business models, and for this conversation, media technologies and infrastructures.
Hundreds of petabytes of storage at service providers, Cloud DVR, on-the-fly media packaging technologies, capacity-optimized form factors, penny-sized antennas recording every broadcast stream. Join Joseph George, Director of Big Data Servers and Solutions at HP, Damien Lucas, CTO andCo-founder of Anevia, and your host, Leo Leung, VP of Corporate Marketing at Scality, as we explore the dramatic changes on the consumer side, and the infrastructure provider side, as we go OnDemand all the time on Scality Conversations.
Among our topics:
- What is Cloud DVR, why does it matter, and how does it impact Media businesses?
- What are the challenges (business and technical) with moving to OnDemand?
- What should broadcasters look for in OnDemand solutions?
- How is the server business changing and what does it look like three years from now?
- How do things like “software-defined” affect the Media business?
- Monday, April 13th at 3:30 PM
- Wednesday, April 15th at 3:30 PM