Supermicro is a leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology and a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide.
Scality and Supermicro
Powering hybrid cloud.
Super Micro Computer, Inc. (SMCI), a global leader in enterprise computing, storage, networking solutions, and green computing technology, has partnered with Scality to enable enterprises to scale and protect their most valuable assets — their data, in on-premises or hybrid cloud deployments.
Supermicro Scality RING Solution Advantages
Starting with as few as 3 storage servers featuring either 2U 24-Bays or 4U 60-Bays, customers can start with small deployments that can be dynamically scaled by adding drive packs to grow node capacity or add entire nodes, scaling-out both capacity as well as storage bandwidth.
Key Solution Features and Benefits:
- Stretched (synchronous) multi-site deployment for site failure protection
- Asynchronous geo-replication or disaster recovery
- Concurrent multi-site file access
Scalability & Performance
- Start small and grow to hundreds of Petabytes
- Linear Performance Scaling across thousands of servers, multiple sites, and an unlimited number of files/objects
- RING components are independently scalable
- Aggregate RING connectors achieve tens of gigabytes per second throughput and beyond
- Native AWS S3 and file (NFS, SMB) storage interfaces in one consolidated system
- Fully parallel, scale-out with POSIX-style file system
Managability, Service & Support
- Browser-based administrative interface with full topology view, monitoring, reporting, and graphing
- RING status with Zone, Server, and Node details
- Full management and control with rich and scriptable CLI
- Automated disk failure detection and handling framework
- Integrated server management