Dovecot is an open-source IMAP and POP3 server for Linux/UNIX-like systems, written primarily with security in mind. Timo Sirainen originated Dovecot and first released it in July 2002. Dovecot developers primarily aim to produce a lightweight, fast and easy-to-set-up open-source mailserver.
Scality Partner Dovecot
DOVECOT OY, with main office in Helsinki, was founded to commercialize the largely popular open source software and due to the demand by thousands of corporations of different sizes around the world. Dovecot is privately funded and owned by the original founders. Dovecot’s main business is to provide commercial modules, migration services and enterprise support for customers related to the open source Dovecot mail server. To the date, Dovecot has already hundreds of millions of end users covered by our Community support and Dovecot Installations.
Some facts about Dovecot:
- The most used open source IMAP Server of the world with billions of end users
- The most standard compliant IMAP server, which supports nearly all IMAP extensions
- 2.7 Million Server installations around the world
- Brings mobile IMAP extensions to Exchange
- The Management Team around Timo Sirainen are A-Class Entrepreneurs
- Distributed with RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, SUSe, Mac OSX Server, FreeBSD and more
- Works with all Groupware solutions, such as Open-Xchange, SOGo, eGroupware, etc.
- Dovecot is the most scalable IMAP server available
- Dovecot’s indexes are self-optimizing, no admin work needed
- Dovecot is the highest performing IMAP server
Other ARCHIVE APPLICATION PARTNERS
Scality RING ISV Compatibility
Featured are the independent software vendors that are validated for functional interoperability with Scality RING.