How IT pros save millions modernizing with software-defined storage
Episode 1: Insights with IDC
Welcome to Solved TechTalks.
A series of conversations with IT pros about solving today’s most pressing challenges on their digital transformation journey. You’ll walk away from these conversations with practical insights to create efficient IT infrastructures built for the future.
Join our first conversation with Amita Potnis, IDC Research Director for Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group. Hosted by Paul Speciale, Chief Product Officer for Scality, Amita will share first-hand advice from her latest research on the business value of scale-out storage. Focused on two of the most data intensive industries (healthcare services and genomics) you’ll learn how your IT peers are coping with relentless data growth and ever increasing compliance regulations. And more importantly, how they are saving millions while keeping data secure. Amita and Paul will also discuss industry trends with the path toward hybrid and multi-cloud data management. Join the conversation to learn how you can succeed with the same agility, scalability, and significantly lower TCO that these IT leaders now enjoy.
Attendees will learn how to:
- save millions with the best ratio of cost per TB
- orchestrate petabytes of unstructured and structured data
- consolidate storage to manage a unified backup system
- get time back by reducing storage operation, deployment, and maintenance
- optimize long-term storage archival to maximize resources and stretch investments
- future proof with hybrid and multi-cloud environments
Intro and background
The Scality SOLVED Webinar series launches on June 17th, 2020 – with the healthcare research described above as the initial topic. The webinar will be hosted by Scality, presented by Paul Speciale, Scality Chief Product Officer and features guest speaker Amita Potnis, IDC Research Director, Infrastructure Systems, Platforms and Technologies Group.
The Business Value of Scality RING Scale-Out Storage for Healthcare Organizations
Authors: Matthew Marden, Amita Potnis and Mutaz Shegewi
- Lowering the cost of storing and retaining rapidly growing amounts of patient and clinical data
- Reducing the storage team time required to manage their storage platforms
- Delivering storage capacity to meet demand in a timely manner
- Minimizing data-related operational risk by having a resilient and secure storage platform
- Enhancing caregiving and analytical activities by making data more readily available through performance and scalability