Oak Ridge National Laboratory is the largest US Department of Energy science and energy laboratory, conducting basic and applied research to deliver transformative solutions to compelling problems in energy and security.
- Scality RING
- NFS, CIFS and AWS S3 storage interfaces Stretched RING
- 8 Dell SD7500 (DSS 7000)
- 4 HPE Apollo 4510 Gen 10
- 3.7 PB RAW storage, 1.7 PB licensed usable
- GE PACS
- NGS genomics
- Networker Backup
U.S. Department of Energy multi-program research organization uses Scality RING to store valuable climate data
The U.S. DOE’s Oak Ridge National Laboratories (ORNL) amasses huge volumes of climate data, and were challenged with having that data distributed across many different storage systems. Driven by the need to consolidate ”data parking”—their HPC archive, they sought a modern storage solution that would bring data durability, performance and ease of use. They found it all in Scality RING.
Scality object storage offered as part of the organization’s CADES program, a “Fully integrated infrastructure offering compute and data resources for ORNL researchers.”
ORNL wanted a modern storage solution that gives flexibility and versatility while handling the massive amounts of data generated by its HPC applications
- Hardware flexibility to allow ORNL to benefit from the “commodity curve” across multi-generational growth
- Speed impressive data write and access performance was compelling
- Scalability to solve the problem of managing massive and growing amount of data
- Efficiency and ease of use no more managing tapes across generations
Primary Benefits of Scality RING
Scalability to grow the HPC repository without disruption
Can lose two servers without data loss or corruption
Lower hardware costs. Standard X86 servers for lower hardware costs.
Scality RING Object Storage Meets both Clinical and Business Needs
Other Healthcare Customers
HC de Lyons