Reporting directly to the Vice-President of Product, this role will drive frequent interactions with Engineers, Sales Engineers and Support teams on the customer facing side as well as Tech-Leads and Architects.
The mission of the Technical Writer will be to:
- Understand Scality’s products and users
- Review and edit documentation changes contributed by other teams
- Collaborate with Scality’s engineers, product managers and technical support agents to develop and improve the documentation
- Maintain and improve the documentation processes
- Document new features and incorporate customer feedback on existing documentation
- Increase the quality of Scality’s overall documentation set, including various customer-facing products, such as PDF publications and online help (standalone and contextual)
- Conceptualize and create flow diagrams and light graphic artifacts
- Work cooperatively and participate in stand-up meetings with Scality product development and support teams in accordance with the overall product delivery schedule
- Analyze existing and prospective content, focusing on re-use and single-sourcing opportunities
Desired Skills & Experience
- University degree or accredited certification in a technical communications or engineering field.
- Experience as: Technical Writer, Content Editor, or Support preferably in complex software products
- Strong knowledge of Agile / Lean development methodology
- Should the applicant add Software defined object storage and distributed file systems knowledge to this skill set that’d be even better.
- Demonstrated high-level English technical writing ability
- Familiarity with version-control systems (Git, GitHub, Bitbucket…)
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in UNIX/Linux and cloud environments
- Wide communication proficiency, required for working with various technical personnel (Engineering, R&D, Customer and Technical Service)
- A resolute demeanor, coupled with the ability to work autonomously as part of a globally-dispersed documentation team
- Talent for aligning with target audience
- Skill in converting technical jargon to clear and concise language
“Work hard, play hard, eat well, and AMAZE the customer!”
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined and multi-cloud storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Learn more about Scality on our Careers page, and follow us on Linkedin, Twitter & Glassdoor to stay up to date on jobs and company news. Also, you can get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality (via The Muse).
Our business spans the globe—we maintain regional offices around the U.S., in Europe, and in the Far East. Employees can take advantage of short rotations to overseas offices. International relocation is also a possibility for some positions and roles.
At Scality, we support employees in living healthy, fulfilled, and balanced lives—not just because it fosters productivity, but because it’s the right thing to do. We encourage physical fitness with a Sports Allowance Program that reimburses employees for gym membership and athletic equipment. We also sponsor employee participation in high-level and charity-related sports competitions.
Scality supports the employees in our ranks who provide care for dependents. In the U.S., we offer our employees the option to participate in a flexible spending account, lowering their tax obligation by diverting pre-tax dollars to child care or caring for other qualified dependents. For European employees, Scality provides for the cost of nursery school and daycare.
In a world where technology and markets evolve almost overnight, learning is a lifelong undertaking. We help our employees broaden their skills by sponsoring attendance at industry events, educational conferences, and technical seminars. We underwrite training in key foreign languages as well.
Scality takes an abiding interest in the communities where we work and do business. We have a donation-matching program for employee contributions to approved charities and non-profits. We also promote and support initiatives to improve the social, cultural, and natural environment
Our employees live, work, and play in some of the world’s most exciting, invigorating hubs of technology, culture, and commerce—including San Francisco, Washington DC, Paris, London, Tokyo, and Singapore.
DISCOVER SCALITY CAREERS
01. Jobs at Scality
Find our full list of career opportunities
02. Life at Scality
Innovation, thinking big and teamwork.
Talent and rewarding accomplishment.
Diversity is key to challenging ourselves.