Our Scality Core teams are looking for a highly skilled Software Test Engineer to join us in France. In this role, you will participate in the development of our file system and storage technologies based on popular open source projects coupled with innovative in-house algorithms, you will use our container based infrastructure and CI and contribute to our open source project Metal-K8S.
You’ll work on automation technologies like but not limited to Python, various client & server technologies, and cloud technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Virtualization and others. For sure, your development will have an impact. Software testers are key people in our organization making sure we are reaching our high level goals related to quality, performance, stability, consistency, high availability and ease of use.
- Work with the best experts and the more advanced technologies in a lean environment.
- Work in the heart of Paris with an easy access to high standard office.
- A cool, learning and motivating atmosphere. An open source friendly environment.
- A spacious and luminous canteen and meal offers brought on site
- A relaxing room with babyfoot, table tennis, etc
- A gym open to all with coaches.
- A real work life balance with concrete actions and commitments (internal communication charter, Work
From Home, etc )
- A specific culture, bold and disruptive, committed to quality, advocating camaraderie, customer oriented,
respectful and ethical.
Your New Team
- Python, shell-scripting and a curiosity for new testing frameworks and tools and advantages they bring
- Linux, Open-source ecosystems. You have an extensive knowledge in Linux systems, good understanding and practice of Linux file systems
- Advanced networking skills.
- Kubernetes & Docker.
- HTTP and REST APIs.
- Git, GitHub, Bitbucket.
- We are using Openstack and Platform9 to manage our private testing cloud. So will get to use it if you are not accustomed to!
You will get bonus points for having experience with these:
- Performance testing and analysis
- Investigating and debugging I/O and network
- bottlenecks at various scales.
- Operating large-scale, distributed, business-critical systems.
- Mentoring beginner testers.
“Work hard, play hard, eat well, and AMAZE the customer!”
Scality is a fast-growing cloud native company. We are headquartered in Paris and in San Francisco with subsidiaries in UK, Germany, Japan, Australia. We are a bunch of talented people, working at the center of digital transformation to solve data-scaling challenges in multicloud environment. Our mission is to give freedom and control to people who create value with data. We deeply care about supporting the growth of all our employees and making sure they feel professionally fulfilled.
Learn more about Scality on our Careers page, and follow us on Linkedin, Twitter & Glassdoor to stay up to date on jobs and company news. Also, you can get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality (via The Muse).
Our business spans the globe—we maintain regional offices around the U.S., in Europe, and in the Far East. Employees can take advantage of short rotations to overseas offices. International relocation is also a possibility for some positions and roles.
At Scality, we support employees in living healthy, fulfilled, and balanced lives—not just because it fosters productivity, but because it’s the right thing to do. We encourage physical fitness with a Sports Allowance Program that reimburses employees for gym membership and athletic equipment. We also sponsor employee participation in high-level and charity-related sports competitions.
Scality supports the employees in our ranks who provide care for dependents. In the U.S., we offer our employees the option to participate in a flexible spending account, lowering their tax obligation by diverting pre-tax dollars to child care or caring for other qualified dependents. For European employees, Scality provides for the cost of nursery school and daycare.
In a world where technology and markets evolve almost overnight, learning is a lifelong undertaking. We help our employees broaden their skills by sponsoring attendance at industry events, educational conferences, and technical seminars. We underwrite training in key foreign languages as well.
Scality takes an abiding interest in the communities where we work and do business. We have a donation-matching program for employee contributions to approved charities and non-profits. We also promote and support initiatives to improve the social, cultural, and natural environment
Our employees live, work, and play in some of the world’s most exciting, invigorating hubs of technology, culture, and commerce—including San Francisco, Washington DC, Paris, London, Tokyo, and Singapore.
DISCOVER SCALITY CAREERS
01. Jobs at Scality
Find our full list of career opportunities
02. Life at Scality
Innovation, thinking big and teamwork.
Talent and rewarding accomplishment.
Diversity is key to challenging ourselves.