Our DevOps Reliability Engineers are a hybrid of software DevOps and systems engineers. We code our way out of operational problems. We are responsible for reliability, scalability, and automation while keeping an eye on latency, performance, and capacity.
The role will involve, interacting with our product owner and customer facing technical sales team to understand customer use-cases and requirements, hardening the feature with leads and product architects, and writing the software code to automate operations, systems engineering, management and configuration to ensure reliability and scalability of the features. The Devops reliability engineer will work throughout the stack using Github for code versioning and will also be responsible for automated testing and leverage code as pipeline practices to automate (unit, function, integration and end to end testing) to ensure quality, and for performance, scalability, and triage-ability of newly added feature functionality for proprietary S3-endpoint service(S3 connector) and open source Zenko storage product using a variety of tools and technologies.
The engineer will benefit from knowledge of, distributed environments, service oriented architectures, microservices architecture, containers, cloud native ecosystems, Object oriented design principles, async design patterns, REST, load balancers, API gateways, Cloud terminologies, Linux, Kubernetes and related tools and technologies.
- Design, write, and maintain software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of S3C and Zenko services, incorporating third-party open-source tools when available.
- Work closely with release engineering to Automate use-cases for test driven deployment and operations in S3C and Zenko distributed systems stack.
- Design and implement smart tools and processes for continuous integration, development & deployment.
- Design, implement, execute, improve, automate configuration management.
- Own, maintain, and continuously improve all systems provided as a service, such as monitoring and logging, hence improving product serviceability and triage-ability.
- Engage in anticipating, investigating and fixing performance bottlenecks and software performance analysis and system tuning.
Bonus Point if you have
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Kubernetes (a plus)
- Familiarity with Kafka, zookeeper, mongoDB, Redis, prometheus,grafana and concept of containers.
- Familiarity with object storage / cloud storage (AWS /GCP/Azure/others) is a plus
- 2+ years of industry experience in software engineering field
- REST API; (We use Node.js and Go. knowledge in Node.js and awareness of server framework like Express/HAPI is a plus).
- Able to optimize performance of their own code and system as a whole
- Unit-function-integration test automation/ TDD experience. Experience building an automation‐focused culture, both in testing and build/deploy (we have a fully integrated CI/CD pipeline. Awareness a plus)
- Client-focused, react well to change, work with teams and is able to multi-task on multiple projects
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems, understand the high-level concepts (processes, virtual memory, FS)
- Familiarity with log analysis, triage using important tools for troubleshooting (like iperf, ps, lsof, iostat etc).
- Experience working with file systems, and client-server protocols.
- Experience with network protocols and theory (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing, etc.)
- Experience with Salt and ansible, or some other configuration management tool.
“Work hard, play hard, eat well, and AMAZE the customer!”
At Scality, we take pride in Software Development. We deliver innovative products through agile, continuous development, continuous integration. Scality is an industry recognized leader in distributed FS and object storage proven with 500 million users and over a trillion objects. You will be developing software for Scality’s open source, distributed, multi cloud controller called Zenko . If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering problems and can deliver exceptional quality in a fast-paced, agile environment, we’d like to meet you.
Learn more about Scality on our Careers page, and follow us on Linkedin, Twitter & Glassdoor to stay up to date on jobs and company news. Also, you can get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality (via The Muse).
Our business spans the globe—we maintain regional offices around the U.S., in Europe, and in the Far East. Employees can take advantage of short rotations to overseas offices. International relocation is also a possibility for some positions and roles.
At Scality, we support employees in living healthy, fulfilled, and balanced lives—not just because it fosters productivity, but because it’s the right thing to do. We encourage physical fitness with a Sports Allowance Program that reimburses employees for gym membership and athletic equipment. We also sponsor employee participation in high-level and charity-related sports competitions.
Scality supports the employees in our ranks who provide care for dependents. In the U.S., we offer our employees the option to participate in a flexible spending account, lowering their tax obligation by diverting pre-tax dollars to child care or caring for other qualified dependents. For European employees, Scality provides for the cost of nursery school and daycare.
In a world where technology and markets evolve almost overnight, learning is a lifelong undertaking. We help our employees broaden their skills by sponsoring attendance at industry events, educational conferences, and technical seminars. We underwrite training in key foreign languages as well.
Scality takes an abiding interest in the communities where we work and do business. We have a donation-matching program for employee contributions to approved charities and non-profits. We also promote and support initiatives to improve the social, cultural, and natural environment
Our employees live, work, and play in some of the world’s most exciting, invigorating hubs of technology, culture, and commerce—including San Francisco, Washington DC, Paris, London, Tokyo, and Singapore.
DISCOVER SCALITY CAREERS
01. Jobs at Scality
Find our full list of career opportunities
02. Life at Scality
Innovation, thinking big and teamwork.
Talent and rewarding accomplishment.
Diversity is key to challenging ourselves.