- Strong understanding of Linux Operating System architecture (minimum of 5 years of experience operating Linux platforms)
- In depth hands on UNIX/Linux system administration skills and experience in managing large scale distributed environments (minimum of 5 years)
- Significant understanding of hardware, specially x86 platforms, including RAID architecture and file systems
- Experience on storage environment (NAS, SAN, RAID, distributed file system, object storage, Restful API, Amazon S3)
- Solid networking knowledge: low level networking concepts, bridging, bonding, vlan, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of High Availability environment (distributed system, load balancing, cloud platforms) and container technologies (docker, kubernetes)
- Knowledge with Web Servers, Backups, Email, Package Management, Monitoring in a large scale production environment
- Scripting skills (Python, Perl, Shell), Automation (Saltstack, Ansible)
- Development skills in C/Java is definitely a plus
- Knowledge of ITIL Problem and Change management processes
- Knowledge of Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence)
- Understanding of project management conceptsDrives the post-sales customer interactions and project delivery
- Acts as the primary point of contact for the customer delivery within Scality
- Is accountable for the quality and the schedule of the delivery projects, in accordance with internal processes Ensures proper communication to all project stakeholders (customer, partners, Scality)
- Be part of a growing company empowered to deliver world class customer service and expertise
- Ability to use and create high-quality technical and business documentation, including systematically updating process documentation, customer architecture and configuration documentation upon change activity
- Ability to resent complex solutions in a business-oriented approach
- Ability to clearly set expectations, present and track action plans, identify what is Scality responsibility and what is expected from customer
- Empathy: Ability to listen and understand and report customer needs before diving into potential solution execution. Ensuring action plans and expected outcomes are understood and accepted by customers
- Positive relationship skills, both towards internal customers (sales) and external customers (service providers)
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to plan service activity including preparation, service execution, written project handover and process documents based on potential learnings from the intervention.
- Rigorous: always finish activities to the required quality level.
- Capability to ask for help when things are not working as expected whilst maintaining accountability and ownership of the service project.
- Analytical, valuative, and problem-solving skills: capability to define a problem as a gap between desired situation and actual situation with business impact. Validates the problem with the customer, able to gather information in order to select the most effective solution to resolve.
- Team player: shares knowledge with team members by updating customer specific documentation, writing knowledge base articles, working with documentation team to improve customer facing documentation, and providing coaching and assistance. Understands and clarifies needs of colleagues: other CSEs, support engineers, project managers, sales team, engineering
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to work with minimum supervision
“Work hard, play hard, eat well, and AMAZE the customer!”
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined and multi-cloud storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Learn more about Scality on our Careers page, and follow us on Linkedin, Twitter & Glassdoor to stay up to date on jobs and company news. Also, you can get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality (via The Muse).
Our business spans the globe—we maintain regional offices around the U.S., in Europe, and in the Far East. Employees can take advantage of short rotations to overseas offices. International relocation is also a possibility for some positions and roles.
At Scality, we support employees in living healthy, fulfilled, and balanced lives—not just because it fosters productivity, but because it’s the right thing to do. We encourage physical fitness with a Sports Allowance Program that reimburses employees for gym membership and athletic equipment. We also sponsor employee participation in high-level and charity-related sports competitions.
Scality supports the employees in our ranks who provide care for dependents. In the U.S., we offer our employees the option to participate in a flexible spending account, lowering their tax obligation by diverting pre-tax dollars to child care or caring for other qualified dependents. For European employees, Scality provides for the cost of nursery school and daycare.
In a world where technology and markets evolve almost overnight, learning is a lifelong undertaking. We help our employees broaden their skills by sponsoring attendance at industry events, educational conferences, and technical seminars. We underwrite training in key foreign languages as well.
Scality takes an abiding interest in the communities where we work and do business. We have a donation-matching program for employee contributions to approved charities and non-profits. We also promote and support initiatives to improve the social, cultural, and natural environment
Our employees live, work, and play in some of the world’s most exciting, invigorating hubs of technology, culture, and commerce—including San Francisco, Washington DC, Paris, London, Tokyo, and Singapore.
DISCOVER SCALITY CAREERS
01. Jobs at Scality
Find our full list of career opportunities
02. Life at Scality
Innovation, thinking big and teamwork.
Talent and rewarding accomplishment.
Diversity is key to challenging ourselves.