Always On – Guaranteed 100% Uptime
Scality RING fully protects you against downtime. Which is to say, you won’t experience any. Ever. Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it.
- Erasure coding insulates data from hardware failures
- The result is a truly always-on, 24×7 operational system
When you need to grow, just add more servers. Scality RING automatically rebalances data to allow unlimited growth. No matter how many petabytes you scale to.
- As your system expands, data is dynamically redistributed to ensure that hardware is always utilized to optimal efficiency
- Scality RING delivers a consistent “14 nines” of data durability
SFR serves a dozen Scality RING-based apps to a million users, and doubled its storage volume to 6 petabytes in a year, with no performance degradation or latency penalty.
Scality RING provides a secure, S3-optimized cloud infrastructure for all your data, regardless of its type or format:
- RESTful and S3 interfaces support object data
- Native NFS and SMB compatibility do the same for file-based data
- Scality RING provides full encryption with LDAP and Active Directory integration for secure access control
Natixis, a Global 2000 bank, has deployed a 3 petabyte Scality RING as a backup target for IBM Spectrum Protect.
Scality delivers more for less, lowering your capital and operating expenses by up to 80%.
- Scality RING runs on any combination of affordable industry-standard X86 servers—at a fraction of the cost of expensive proprietary hardware
- Use the latest hardware when it’s available. Expand with the fastest, densest models as soon as they appear
In a recent Forrester Total Economic Impact study, Scality RING customers realized 229% ROI and payback on their storage costs within 6 months.
Creating Magic for Customers
We think innovations should be judged by their business results. Our customers are part of the digital transformation. Take a look at the magic customers are making with Scality. Then draw your own conclusions.
Thanks to Scality, Orange easily expands its consumer cloud without limits. Performance stays high, per-unit storage costs stay low.
The world’s second largest video website serves up 3 billion videos for 300 million unique users every month. All powered by Scality storage.
Scality RING makes Comcast’s email system easier to manage, much more affordable to run, and always available to 30 million users.
“Scality knows and understands the Object Storage market segment
better than anyone else.” -- IDC
Scality began with a handful of technologists equipped with the foresight to see the endpoint of legacy storage… and the talent and audacity to take a fresh approach.
“What makes the RING unique is that we looked at the application needs first, had the chance to challenge all preconceived ideas, and the nerve to start from a blank page.”
Founder and CTO
Innovation is in Our DNA
Scality S3 Server. Bringing open source to object storage
In 2016 Scality reached out to the open source community with the release of Scality S3 Server—our open source version of Amazon’s S3 API, the de facto standard for object storage.
More than 50,000 developers are already using S3 to create new apps and use cases for object storage. With Scality S3 Server, coders can develop and debug on a laptop, pilot locally, and deploy in the cloud on AWS, or on-premises with Scality RING.